Our (God Willing) Travel Plans

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

And Away They Go


The start of the ‘2nd Campbell Family World Adventure’ began today with Cari, Meghan & Cole heading to Japan (minus me) to visit our oldest daughter Jessica who has been attending a university in Tokyo. Their plan is to take a week together and explore different parts of Japan, but sense I’m writing this particular blog post, and I’m not heading to Japan, I will use this space to fill in some of the elements surrounding the makeup of this travel adventure.

A brief background on our family might be in order:
• We are a family of 5 who have found a great love for traveling and seeing different ways in which to view this life as well as to witness what God is doing throughout the world.
• Our children are Jessica who is 18, Meghan 15, and Cole 14.
• Three years ago we took a once in a lifetime trip around the world http//:campbellsworldtour.blogspot.com and ended up having the greatest adventure of our life.
• We like to travel light (carry on backpack only) and as cheap as possible. Ok that’s all me but the family actually goes along with it. What a family!

So how does a once in a lifetime adventure happen a 2nd time? For starters a lot of planning (too much if you ask me) along with a large dose of understanding from my business partner/brother. The trip has a few compromises like me not going to Japan as well as coming home in the middle of this 3 month trip for a few weeks, but a small price to pay for an opportunity like this one. In the end all I can say is that we are blessed in so many ways and we give praise to God for allowing us another opportunity to live life so abundantly.

The plan in a nutshell is that I will fly out March 8th and connect in the Singapore airport with my family (minus Jessica) on a flight to Sri Lanka. We will spend 2 weeks there and then fly to Bangkok were we will connect with Jessica who will join us for our travels in Thailand and Cambodia. On the 10th of April Jessica and I will head home leaving Cari, Meghan and Cole in Northern Thailand with ministry friends. On the 27th of April I will fly to Istanbul, Turkey to meet up with my family (minus Jessica) and we will take the month of May to explore several parts of Eastern Europe (Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary & Austria). On our way home we will spend 3 days in Iceland and be home God willing on the 1st of June.

I promise more creative blog posts in the future. Consider this an attempt to set the stage for what we hope is another eye opening experience.

-Kurt

1 comment:

  1. WOW - I have spent the last two hours going through past blogs. I am in awe..... Prayers that God will continue to bless you and your family as you explore our world and share God's love. Many blessings! The Hogue Family

    ReplyDelete