Our (God Willing) Travel Plans

Friday, March 25, 2011

Moving on and looking back

Sri Lanka 2011

Please click the picture above to view the our photos!!!!!

Well we are happy to be in Bangkok and reunited safely with Jessica! We have spent the day revisitng favorite places from our last trip and enjoying the more "relaxed" pace of Bangkok. We will leave in the morning for Cambodia. We will spend a few days exploring the temples of Angkor Wat then spend some time with CHO ministries.

The kids took some time to write down a couple reflections of their time and experiences in Sri Lanka

My time in Sri Lanka was an amain experience that I will never forget. Probably my favorite spots were Jaffa, Nerwu Eliya, ad Vavuniya. I loved to see the very town that Selina grew up in along with her homes, school and even her Aunt and Uncle. It was neat to put her stories together with what I saw out my window. Nerwu Eliya, which is unlike Jaffna and Vavuniya , has a very pleasant and cool climate. I enjoyed seeing all the tea plantations and scenery out my window. It was neat to see how poeple live differetly in the various areas of Sri Lanka and all of them live so differently from me.

I also really liked going to Vvuniya beacuse I enjoyed hearing the stories of everyone who World Concern helped even though they were all heartbreaking. The story of the young women who was married to the man in the wheelchair was really hard to hear. To know that they were doing well before the war and that they have a whole future planned out and lots of hopes and dreams that will never be realized because they were innocent victims in the war. Their living conditions were so poor and unimaginable. I was happy to see their family receive the cow and witness how much joy and hope this brought to them. All in all, my journey in Sri Lanka was a wonderful experience. ..Meghan

Sri Lanka is an amazing place with just about everythig in it but cold weather. I saw amazing things, and heard heartbreaking stories. It is definatly something I will not forget. As my Dad says we couldn't do more in the time we had. We had amazing drivers that put up with us for hours on end. We had an amazing trip planner in Selina. I couldn't have asked for a better trip....Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment