Our (God Willing) Travel Plans

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thailand Wrap up by Meg and Cole

My time in Thailand has been absolutely amazing. I have met and reconnected with so many great people while I was here that it felt like I was back at home. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Ghan. It is so fun to be around her joyful spirit. She has taught me so many things about the Akha way of life and other great life lessons. It was such a treat to be around her for these five weeks.
I also had a great time on Easter in the village. After an hour and a half of driving up a mountain, we were greeted with great hospitality. We had a nice service in the village’s church (that I couldn’t understand) with communion as closing. Following the service, we had our “Easter Brunch”. It was a bowl of rice with other unrecognizable dishes. That morning was a great reminder of the true meaning and simplicity of Easter. Who knew you could survive without Peeps and chocolate bunnies?
For the first week we were here, we worked intensely on painting the dorms. We started work at 6:30 most mornings to beat the heat, but after 8, we were all drenched in sweat. I had fun painting, cleaning and killing lizards. It felt great to get the job done and see the dorms with fresh paint and new curtains.
All in all, my memories in Thailand will be unforgettable. My time here has been incredible and I hope to return soon!
Meghan

My time here in Thailand has been a gift that is better than any Christmas present or an Easter egg. This month has also been hard for me in some ways because my dog died (that I was really close to) and my great uncle died and my best friend’s dad died. These events at home made me homesick and want to be home yet I realize this is an amazing opportunity that I have here.
I met Rusty and Lynette Polinder. They are really fun people that are fun to be around and you can tell how much they love the Lord. It was nice to see Luka and Ghan again and see their dedication for the kingdom of God. I hope in 3 years I can come back here for I feel a pull to this place and the people and their ministry. Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment