Our (God Willing) Travel Plans

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bonheoffer, Budapest and the End of the Road

With less than a week to go our family is beginning to mentally prepare for life back home and unlike our last big adventure 3 years ago we are all ready to return. I think this goes beyond just missing Jessica. The big difference this time is that we are missing our community (and Jessica). In fact if there is anything that has been reaffirmed in my life it would be that I need brothers and sisters in Christ to help me live life fully.

Having just finished reading Bonheoffer’s book ‘Living Life Together’ I would say that God is talking to me about His design in all of us to not only share His love, but to receive it from others as well. A month without the ongoing fellowship of fellow believers has left me dry, but at the same time has helped me see the need for more discipline in my spiritual life (a few pushups wouldn’t hurt either).

These past few days have been spent in the amazing city of Budapest. Unlike our other destinations we found ourselves in a large metropolitan city that at first seemed overwhelming, but after a couple days and countless miles of walking we can say that we have seen a lot of this city. The kids may say we saw too much, but Cari and I could easily spend a few more days here just soaking in all the history and culture this place has to offer. I will say that that Meghan and Cole have been amazing sports in regards to the long walks across town just to see another museum or castle which for them all starts to look the same. They even attended an ‘organ concert’ at St. Stephen’s Basillica.

Tomorrow we will take the 3 hour train to Vienna, Austria for a short two days before flying (hopefully without volcanic ash) to Iceland. Below are a few pictures.

-Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment