Our (God Willing) Travel Plans

Monday, September 20, 2010

The Next Chapter Begins

A week after saying "goodbye" to Jessica I feel for the first time like I can share a few thoughts without watering my keyboard. It was very difficult to hold her in my arms one minute and then to walk away knowing things will never be the same. I cannot explain my feelings other than to say that the 18 years of raising Jessica seemed to pass before me as I held her and then when I let go it seemed as if I was releasing Jessica into her new life. Surprisingly it is not the distance in miles that pulls so hard on my heart, but rather knowing things will never be the same. This of course is not a bad thing. We raised her to stand on her own and to fight the good fight, and we trust in our Lord to watch over her all the days of her life. Having said that our family is definitely going through a readjustment phase. Meghan and Cole talk or email Jessica daily, and fortunately Cari and I are included. We are so thankful to see how much these siblings love one another.

Cari and I came back from Japan only to once again say "goodbye" to Natalie, who is like a daughter to us. She headed off to England for her new life at Essex University. She is missed dearly and all I can say is thank goodness for Skype and email which has allowed us to stay in touch across the oceans with our daughters and to hear of their great adventures. More later....

-Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment